Friday, October 21, 2011

My first day blogging...

It's a typical fall day in Pennsylvania, grey and cool with just a hint of rain in the air.  Last night I swear I saw snow flurries, but I'll pretend it was just a bad dream.  Fall is magically beautiful here, but winter is torture.  The charming, curving roads winding through rolling hills and narrow valleys are perfect for viewing fall foliage, but not as pleasant when covered with ice and snow.  But even the threat of the impending winter can't fully erase the joys of autumn in Beaver.  Tonight is senior recognition night, and we'll walk our son (dressed as the school mascot - the Beaver Bobcat) onto the football field.  Tomorrow is the annual Fall Fest, and the children will stroll the streets in their costumes.  Monday is the pumpkin carving contest for fifth graders, so we only have a few days to find, and carve, the perfect pumpkin.  It is a hectic time, but I am starting to realize how precious these days are, and I'm trying to savor each and every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment